NYS Right-to-Life Convention Sept. 13
'Network, Train and Build a Culture of Life'
UTICA -- The New York State Right to Life Convention 2008 is coming to the Utica area/New Hartford Ramada Inn on Saturday, September 13.
“We are asking every person to register and attend the State Convention in order to network, train and build a culture of Life,” noted Julianne Stokes, first vice chairman for the New York State Right to Life Committee. “Life is attacked at every stage in our state. Right to Life is the educational organization best equipped to provide comprehensive instruction on all these complex social issues.”
Convention speakers include:
- Eve Sanchez Silver, breast cancer survivor and former board member of the Susan Komen Foundation, who will discuss the breast cancer-abortion link.
- Dr. Paul Byrne, a neonatologist, who will talk on brain death, life support and organ donation. He is producer of the film, Continuum of Life, and author of Life, Life Support and Death, Beyond Brain Death, and Brain Death is Not Death.
- Olivia Gans, director of American Victims of Abortion (AVA) and a spokesperson for National Right to Life, who will speak on post-abortion syndrome.
- Matt Nelligan, state president for the Ancient Order of Hibernians and a public school teacher involved in a federal free-speech lawsuit, who will discuss pro-life teaching in public schools.
- Wesley Smith, award winning author and attorney for the International Task Force on Euthanasia, will discuss involuntary euthanasia.
In addition to featured speakers, “there will be local musicians and artists expressing the truth about life,” Stokes said. The artist of a local Blessed Mother Marianne Cope painting, Michele Lacolla, has created an new work for first showing at the Convention, she noted, and Kevlynn Coangelo, an artist active in the post abortive healing ministries at Carenet, “is presenting her inspired and moving artwork as well.”
With the theme, “That You and Your Descendents May Live,” the convention will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with registration starting at 8.
Tickets go for $50 per person and include lunch. Student and clergy tickets are $30 each. (Free admission for clergy who bring a group.)
Checks can be made payable to NYSRTL Convention. Send payment to: NYSRTL Convention, 41 State Street, Suite M-100, Albany, NY 12207. Payment may also be made by phone at (518) 434-1293 or online at www.nysrighttolife.org.